Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Travel to Mexico

I'm sure my last post left you wondering...did they actually visit Lady's Bathtub and NOT BUILD A DAM?
 
The answer is no.  We did not visit Lady's and not build a dam.  Meaning, of course, that we did.
 
 
During our stay in Lincoln, we also took an overnight trip.  
  



We headed up to Maine, to see Mark's cousin Maureen.  So we packed a smaller bag of our stuff, and drove north.
 
 
Imagine our surprise to see we were in Mexico!
 
Those Mainians are tricky.








We visited Webb Lake


 


If you look really close, you can see a black speck in the water.  It is a loon.  I don't know if I've ever seen one--I was actually quite surprised at how big it was.  We heard it call, and I had an instant flashback to "On Golden Pond".  Very cool.  I think I have to watch that again just to hear the loons. 
 
 

Speaking of thrilling things, we did get a tow from Maureen's friends, which was great fun.


Isn't it neat how the cabins are RIGHT ON the water?  I guess they do flood once in a while.  So that part would not be neat.




On the way home from Maine, I did make everyone stop and at least stand on the Appalachian Trail.  Then I made them stand next to the sign.  And here is that memorable moment.

 
And here we are at The Basin--a large, swirling bowl created over thousands of years.  Mark hadn't been there for decades, and when we were walking the path, we came across a similar bowl, about one fourth the size.  Mark kept looking at it and saying "Gee, it used to seem so much bigger".   But persistence paid off...we found the big one!
 

Back in Lincoln, here is the crew with friends Etienne and Betty.  Etienne earned everyone's love and admiration by bringing over a few of his meat pies.  I need to try my hand at that!

Next time, our visit to Clarks!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a great time.....and I thought I lived near Mexico.

    ReplyDelete