Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Zoo Day

MLK Monday was a beautiful day. Great day for a HOLIDAY. With no school for the kids, Mark obligingly took the day off, and we went to the zoo.  My nephew, Scottie, rounded out the crowd.

The first order of business was the new Sea Lion Cove exhibit.  It was fantastic.  Even better than Sea World!  Here in Fresno!  The closer was this giant underwater window. 
 
 
The Sea Lion here is "sitting" on the floor of the pool, looking up at the kids.  It was just an incredible experience.
 
 
The pool is quite large!
 
 
Another highlight was watching the Andean condors at feeding time.  They were fed big, fat, juicy severed rats.  It was one of those things that is so gross, you can't help but look.  But my country girls were very pragmatic about the whole deal. 
 
 
We took some time to get hassled by the geese at the pond.
 
 
And some time for a little photo op.  Don't you just love Abigail's cheetah theme?
 
I do love our little zoo.  And so do the kids!

2 comments:

  1. My my...Abigail has developed such a chic sense of style. I am glad you all had a great time at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete