Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Deep Fried Twinkies

Guess where we went?

I think you probably already know. Because there is nothing synonymous with deep-fried Twinkies like FAIR. Specifically the Big, Big, Big Fresno Fair, in our case. And guess what else they have?


That's right...racing pigs. All-Alaskan racing pigs. They looked like normal pigs, but they were wearing little jerseys. And running super-fast.

They ran so fast, this is the best picture I could get...their rear ends.

They also did hurdles. So now, as I'm sure you've already guessed, we have seen pigs fly.

This woman is holding an emperor scorpion. Mae was duely impressed.

The kids enjoyed all the hands-on exhibits.

It also warmed my heart to see all the prize winners from Sierra High! We visited the Sierra FFA in the livestock barn as well. And then, we went to the midway.

Because along with fair food, and animals, the RIDES are an essential part of the fair.
I'm happy to say...it was a day well spent!

1 comment: