Friday, August 31, 2012

More Holes

Lady's Bathtub was a wonderful swimming hole because it was deep, and clear, and calm. But there were other holes with other attractions. Next, we went to "The Old Hole". This place was a step up on the excitement scale, with sections of white water surging over slabs of smoothed rock. Which, of course, everyone jumps in and rides like a water park ride. Yes...even my precious babies.


The third hole we visited was just gorgeous. It was called Aggasiz.
  It sounded like Aggasi, as in the tennis player, which I thought was unusual.  When I was researching to confirm how to spell the name, I found this little tidbit at northeastwaterfalls.com:  "This formation is named for noted Swiss scientist Louis Agassiz, who observed and described evidence of glacial activity which suggested the Ice Age."  Having been there, I'm still not sure of the link, but also I found that the hole is also called "Indian Leap".

Yes, one of those. Despite the gorgeous surroundings, it was not my favorite.

I mean, I love leaping just as much as the next guy, but the tiny little target hole just freaked me out a bit.  It's the deep, dark spot (with a visible rock right close to the middle!) at the bottom of this picture. 

My niece, Hannah, taking the 20-foot plunge.

Some of our intrepid family members in the hole.  And here goes Mae.

Oh yes she did.  Not off the top, but she was in the mix. 

She gets that part from Mark.

1 comment:

  1. And another member is added to the indian Leapers!!!!! WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!

    ReplyDelete