Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Someone Took my Babies

With the new, longer commute to school, a few of us have banded together to form a carpool. There is a bus, of course, but the morning bus carries K-12, and I'm not ready for my tender babies to go there just yet. They do a decent job of keeping the little ones up front, but...still. We are fortunate to have one of the only bus routes in the afternoon that carries K-6 only, so the girls will be riding the bus home most days--with the stops, it's about a 40-minute trip.

So yesterday was our first day of official carpooling. We walked down our driveway to meet our ride.


Then I had to zoom in and get a picture of these cute, cute dresses. Note that I figured out at the last minute that it is PE day, hence the tennis shoes. Kind of a summery, sporty look!


I didn't take pictures of them getting into the car, because I didn't want to make a big deal about it, but as they drove away, I realized that it was indeed a big deal!

This is the first day someone else is saying goodbye on the playground, someone who will not give them a hug and kiss.

They were ready, of course. But maybe I wasn't.

2 comments:

  1. Give Mommy extra kissed, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gushing about dresses! Now That makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete