Sunday, July 10, 2011

Not so dinkey Dinkey Creek

Here is the "creek" part of our Dinkey Creek 4th of July adventure. We spent quite a bit of time hanging out at the river, which is running very fast with snow melt from the huge snow pack this year. Judging from the temperature, this water was snow just hours before! All the more reason to jump in, right? In our family, the answer is "Of course, and I'm first!" My crazy cousin Donald led the way this time:



Mark cannot resist the urge to make a dam in a slower part of the river.:


My sister Gail and her daughter Casey. Casey's style was a bit cramped, as you can guess. She was the only one of our crew who did not eventually douse in the water, but we feel she earned an honorary membership in our "polar bear club".


Even little Lily (Gail's new puppy) went in, and it darn tuckered her out!


Mark's rock-scrambling gene is popping out in this one...


Speaking of Mark, here he is, plotting his course down the river:



Suffice it to say, we found a much safer place for the kids (and me) to jump in. But, um, my camera ran out of power, so you'll have to take my word for it!

1 comment: