Monday, June 13, 2011

The Sprinkler Job

Last month, Mark and I participated in the first major project of the VIPS (Volunteers in Public Service). This is a grassroots group whose goal is to support the schools in everything from physical labor to tutoring. This first project was to install the sprinkler system in the new kindergarten play area, part of the process of converting Foothill Middle School to a K-6. The school purchased the materials and did the design and trenching, and our group cleared the trenches, laid the line, and refilled the trenches. Oh, my aching back! But we did get the job done.

About a dozen people showed up throughout the day to pitch in. I wish I had gotten pictures of people working, but I was too busy...working! I do have pictures of the sprinklers on at the end of the day, and the girls testing them out.


As you can see, it is quite a large area...and this is only one half of it!


They approve!

1 comment: