Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Party is Over

My feet hurt.

My house is a wreck.

Laundry is piled high.

I haven't communicated with anyone in weeks.

But today is a different day.

Because our school carnival (which I chaired this year) is OVER! And yes...I'll say it out loud. I'm glad!

But I'll also say, it was a lot of fun. We had a perfect spring day, sunny, breezy, but not too hot. We were there from 8 a.m. to set up, til 5:30 p.m. to clean up. The girls were real troopers, considering Mark and I both worked all day. They earned us three cakes and twelve goldfish--yay!

Just look at all the fun we had...


Cake walk (which Mark ran for hours)


Face painting (big hit!)


Karate exhibition


The Von Trapp Family singers (from the upcoming local production of 'The Sound of Music')


Look at the crowd!


These adorable little performers were from the local dance studio (yes, we DO have one up here in the hills)



Here are the older girls, doing a routine to 'Takin' Care of Business'.


A real show stopper--literally the whole carnival stopped moving to watch!


The perfect batch of cotton candy


Hair Stripes


Inflatables (we had two bounce houses, an obstacle course, and a slide)


Piano performances


And a hula hoop contest (that's Abigail, second from the left). We had neck twirlers, hand twirlers, and the traditional waist hoopers. After three minutes, they all won.

So you see...lots of work, lots of fun. We'll see next week what kind of funds we raised for the schools. I have high hopes, and am already thinking about how we can do things better next year. And I'll leave those notes for whoever decides to run it :-) .

2 comments:

  1. Oh...no...I think since you are the one with the experience....you should take it on again...especially since you have so many ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A job well done!! These pictures and your stories bring back memories of my elementary school carnivals. I agree with Tracey--you have great ideas, this would be a snap for you next year!!

    ReplyDelete