Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Dark Side of Disneyland

As I recovered my few cell phone pictures from our trip, it all came rushing back. Darkness pierced by garish lights. Dozens of mindless manikins kicking and spinning and mouthing their silent chants. And the music...the music! Over and over and OVER AGAIN. AARRRGGHH!

My family was stuck on "It's a Small World". For an HOUR! The dark, blurry blobs you are about to see very appropriately describe our physical and mental state during this time.


Here is the pile-up of little boats, stuck deep in the bowels of the (under)world.


My mom puts on a brave face for the children.


They're not fooled.


Mae was worried.


Mark did his best to reassure her.


I'm thinking about how I don't have to go to the bathroom. Really...I don't.

They gave us a pass to jump the line on any ride, which made up for our time, but not for the mental anguish and emotional trauma. I'm mostly joking, but I do not know whether my children will want to experience "It's a Small World" ever again. And that makes me a little sad, since I was so anxious to share it with them.

It used to be one of my favorites.

2 comments:

  1. I love the song....not sure I would like the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures...they tell their own story. Even a regular trip through that ride leaves that song in my head all day...can't imagine listening to it for an hour!! Hope you guys had a fun trip regardless.

    ReplyDelete