Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Program

Last week we had our Winter Program at Sierra Elementary. Sadly, it is quite possible it will be the last. The budget problems in the district are so dire, we may end up closing schools. There was definitely a bittersweet tone to the evening for all who are involved enough to understand this. Unfortunately, I think there are many who are unaware despite all the public discussion. Which, in a way, is even more sad.

Moving on to happier things! Here are the first graders, singing "Over the River and Through the Woods" and "Joy to the World". Mae is toward the right, in a dark dress with white sleeves. Abigail is toward the left in a red dress.


We took some pictures after the show. For once, the girls were cooperative, smiling and posing.




Maybe even a little TOO cooperative...this last shot was THEIR idea!


Where are my shy little babies now?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how cute are they? I remember these time with my kids. Too bad about the school problems. Do I foresee some homeschooling in your future???

    ReplyDelete