Friday, December 17, 2010

The Sweets and the Sting

This season marks the second time we've participated in the Auberry Library Gingerbread House Construction Fest and Marshmallow Feed (I think they have another name for it, but it doesn't immediately come to mind). The girls were much more self-sufficient this year--yet another blow to my mommy neediness.


But I could share in their pride at the finished product!


Meanwhile, not to be outdone by my rural room mothers post, Mark HAD to demonstrate his ability to defend the home fort by shooting from the back porch. So...if any cans come to attack us, they'd better beware!


I feel safer now.

2 comments:

  1. IN 30 YEARS HE'LL BE SITTING IN A ROCKER ON THE PORCH WITH GUN ZINGING SQUIRRELS THAT ARE IN THE BIRD FEEDERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatcha shootin' there with, Mark?

    ReplyDelete