Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two Tickets to Paradise

Thank you, Eddie Money, for providing our theme music today. Not audibly...Just in our heads. Stuck there. All day now.

So yes...we took the train up to Paradise. Actually, we took the train to Stockton, then took the bus to Sacramento, then took a car to Paradise. We then reversed the process to get back home to beautiful downtown Fresno. But the car and bus legs don't have quite the same ring, do they? Nor does Fresno. So we'll stick with "Taking the Train to Paradise"!

Here are the girls looking down the tracks, waiting for the train.


No, wait a minute...the train should be coming from the right. Oh, here's the big excitement:


Oohh...I hear it!


Ooooohhh...I SEE it!


All aboard the train:


I take a picture of Abigail:


She takes a picture of me. I love those close-up shots.


Abigail takes a picture of Mae. If this shot wasn't so blurry, it would be fantastic!


Mae takes a picture of Abigail, which actually IS a real keeper!


The girls busily construct their conductor hats.


Exhausted from all the excitement, Abigail and Mae fall into a trance-like stupor:


Mark and I do, too.


Hey, Amtrak, I LIKE leaving the driving to you!

1 comment:

  1. I THINK YOU AND MARK SHOULD HAVE WORN THOSE HATS TOO!

    ReplyDelete