Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nylon fiber hell

And I thought choosing paint color was hard. Comparatively, it was not. Because paint color is only...well...color. Carpet, however, is a whole different story.

Do I go long and plush?

Short and practical?

Funky and curly?

Nylon?

Polyester?

That new-wave Smart Strand stuff?

What about warranty? Do I really WANT to have a carpet for 20 years?

After ALL that, then there is color, which is still pretty darn critical.

Solid? Speckled???

Here were my final contenders.



The one on top won. It is a mid-grade nylon Mowhawk product. Short, fairly plushy, and very speckled.

And I'm so glad that decision is behind me. The carpet should be installed late this week or early next. We will start working on the fireplace rock, then the hardwood flooring.

It is time to start thinking about ordering the household goods.

And moving in.

Wow.

3 comments:

  1. Nice!!! My mother-in-law has always said one should choose carpet color based on the color of the soil in one's yard! Very pragmatic she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIRT COLOR IS ALWAYS GOOD FOR CARPETING! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL MOVED IN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We installed a slightly lighter colored speckled carpet in the last house and LOVED it. We had a dog and a cat, so it was perfect at not only hiding the dirt, but the fir. I can't wait to see pictures of boxes being unpacked!!

    ReplyDelete