Friday, April 9, 2010

Where there is a will

My neck hurts.

My head feels wobbley.

My shoulders ache.

Building a house is not ALL fun and games, you know!

Let me show you the culprit.

No...not endless Formica samples.

Not paint swatches.

Not cabinets.


The trim on the ceiling. Did you notice it?


Isn't it funky? You don't see that style of detail very often, do you? Probably because it is very expensive. SUPER expensive. Especially on a high ceiling.

OK, I don't KNOW that it is expensive, but it should be, because it is not easy to do! The trim in our case is longer than the scaffolding, so I'd hand a piece up to Mark, but he couldn't hold the whole darn thing up AND nail it. I had to help.

He needed me.

To do this:


If you think it looks like I am using a pool broom to reach up and touch the trim, you are RIGHT! That was my job...to pin the far end of the measuring tape, and later the trim, to the ceiling.

Thankfully, the trim is all up now, and despite all my whining here, we are very happy with it. Definitely worth doing!

Mark also has the crown on the cabinets.




We also received our first shipment of hardwood flooring. It is a little darker than I remembered, but gorgeous! But that story is for another day!

1 comment:

  1. REALLY CUTE! I LOVE IT! WHO'S THAT HUNKY GUY IN THE LAST PICTURE?

    ReplyDelete