Sunday, April 18, 2010

Car-ni-VAHL!

You may have noticed a lull in posts this past week. I have been busy...VERY busy. It is time for the local school carnival, you see, and I have been doing my darndest to help it along. This is the first year the two local elementary schools and the middle school joined to put on a combined carnival instead of three individual efforts. The theme was "Mountain Mardi Gras"...with the "mountain" added to denote the wholesome, family-style atmosphere, as opposed to the "Regular Mardi Gras", which of course is NOT appropriate for grade school. This past Saturday was "showtime", so today was pretty much "recovery". Here are some views from our big time.

First, here I am preparing many, many cupcakes for the Cake Walk. At a distance, I kind of look like a Stepford Wife, don't I? Just look at the glazed look on the face, not the hair and clothes! Yes, I do LOVE preparing cupcakes for my local community! Of course, I thought cupcakes would be easier than a regular cake, but after frosting fifty or so, I think not.


Game day was absolutely gorgeous--sunny and warm. We had a great turn-out!


We had all the standard good times. Bounce houses:


Face painting (no one I know...just two little works of art!)


Dunk tank with our local dignitaries :-)


Games of chance masquerading as games of skill


Cake walk--seven lucky winners walked away with MY cupcakes!



A petting zoo, complete with lambs, goats, chickens, rabbits, and a Great Dane.



Cheap trinkets for prizes. Here is one of my little angels picking out a highly desirable gummy worm in exchange for 3 hard-won win tickets.


I'd have to confess...the girls might have had too much sugar.


Have you ever wondered what happens to the leftover goldfish that nobody wins?


We brought them home to put them in the cattle troughs, but the girls have already become possessive. I can tell it's going to be an uphill battle. I may have to transport them under cover of night.

No, I have no pride.

1 comment:

  1. Mark...remember when Dad told Karen that her bunny ran away...try that with the goldfish....

    ReplyDelete