Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Tomgirls

Yes, that's my new phrase of the day, to capture the combination of "let's poke it with a stick" and "I really need to wear a dress today".

What does one do when coming across a big pile of white goo?

Silly question!



Of course, that's only after Mark and I VERY DIRECTLY told them that they were not to touch it. For whatever reason, we decided sticks were OK, though.

Mick retreated after his initial frowning perusal. Wisely, I might add.


I say that because the episode with the sticks and the white goo did not end well. Perhaps I'm taking it personally, since it was ME the goo ended up on, but so be it. I'm not sure if I was more upset with Mae (the stick thrower) or myself, because...couldn't you just SEE it coming?

Now here is a different day, and a different attitude.

Look at that sweet little girl! Abigail has begun to enjoy "posing" for pictures.


Although she does have a tendency to overdo.


Mae is usually tougher to capture. Not that she never smiles, but the camera makes her smile evaporate. Usually into a scowl or some sort of crazy face.


I got lucky this time. Slightly crazy, but in a smiling way.


Here are the girls running to meet cousin Scotty as he comes to visit after school. He turns 10 this week, and is wonderful with the girls...a good pseudo big brother. And no, he doesn't like having his picture taken either.



He finally relented, or maybe just wanted to check for obstacles. But of course it is impossible to capture all three happy faces at once.


Maybe a little Photoshop? I can cut and paste the good faces on so I can have all three?


And I can have bigger boobs, less wrinkles, and whiter teeth while I'm at it! Sold!

5 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE DRESSES...WHAT WAS THE WHITE GOO! WHO IS MICK? BIGGER BOOBS....ARE YOU KIDDING ME! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls are so cute. I was a tomgirl too. Love all the pictures and stories. What was the white goo? Hope your head is healed up. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see I omitted a very important detail. The white goo is drywall mud, from the texturing. FYI: We did a knock-down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Connie!

    So great to see the girls..they have grown so much and are still as cute as ever! And just as curious too! I'm so excited to see all the progress on the new house!!! Wow...it looks fantastic!!! I'll bet you're ready to move in!! Yes, Juan is home in about 5 weeks or so and hopefully that will be his last deployment! And hoping to see retirement in the near future! :) Say hi to Mark and the tomgirls! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic of the girls w/the dog. The dog seems to be very curious also. How are the noggins? Hope all are fully recovered.

    ReplyDelete