Monday, January 11, 2010

Ready to rock!

Um...I mean sheet rock. Dry wall. Whatever.

This week is a big one for "the site". We have the heating guys coming Monday to complete installation of the ground source heat pump. They should have us up and heating by Wednesday. We need to get the house conditioned and warm before we hang drywall. Mark found a sub that he likes for drywall, within our budget, so we're grateful not to do the heavy lifting. They will stock this week, then start hanging next week. It should take about 2 weeks to hang, tape, and texture. After that, paint! Argh! I have to go...many decisions to make!

But first, take a look at the insulated interior. Here we are looking into the kitchen and loft. Doesn't it look much more...finished?


The fireplace in the living room. Eventually a flat screen TV will go over it.


The front door. The piano will go in the right hand corner. I asked Mark to build me a little half wall beside the front door, which you can see here. The idea was to set off the entry area, and provide a space for a bench and shoes (we are shoe-taker-offers, but that is another story). As a huge fan of the GREAT ROOM and OPEN SPACES, he wasn't thrilled with the idea, but he did as I asked. Imagine his joy when I asked him to make it wider so I could put stuff on top! Oh yes...happy days!


And here is my kitchen island and the dining area (not really a room). Look at all that beautiful sunshine!


OK, now I REALLY have to go and think about paint. And cabinets. And flooring. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. REALLY COMING ALONG! IT'S SO EXCITING! WHY IS MARK JUST STANDING AROUND....SHOULDN'T HE BE WORKING!

    ReplyDelete