Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Not a moment's peace

My folks' dog, Mick, is a good dog, the third in a series of labrador retrievers over the last 40 years (yes, they've each lived to ripe old ages). But Mick, unlike the previous two, has had just my folks in the house most of the time. And even though he is a lab, arguably one of the friendliest breeds around, I think he needs a break sometimes from the chaotic presence of two five-year-olds.

Of course it could just be he's enjoying the view.


Or maybe he's posing, waiting to be admired.


But the kids see him and invade his moment. Even from this distance, I can hear his sigh of resignation.


But what's this? A treat? For me?


OK, I guess you can stay!


2 comments:

  1. VERY CUTE! Does this one fetch giant rocks like the other one did....maybe he'll fetch the girls for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rocks, only golf balls. And trash out of the trashcan.

    ReplyDelete