Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spider in the house

Continuing with the spider theme, I'd like to mention the gigantic alien spider from space that has settled in our attic.



It is, of course, really NOT a spider but rather the ducting for heating and cooling for the second floor. It looks like the map of your arteries from biology class. And really, that makes sense, since the object is also circulation of a fluid (air is called a fluid in techno-geek speak). Meanwhile, on the outside of the house, Mark continues to progress up the side of the house. See the scaffolding?



Mark raises it as he works his way up using the pump jacks, his latest piece of professional gear (man toy) with which he is having a love affair. He is very pleased with the stable platform they provide, and I am very pleased with the safety rails. I've even been out on the scaffolding myself without continuously seeing my life flash before my eyes. A couple of safety rails makes a world of difference! Of course, as we approach the top of the wall, the only way to access the scaffolding is on the loooonnnnggg ladder. At that point, Mark will be on the scaffolding, and I'll be handing things up out the window and up through the floor of the platform. I hope this part goes quickly. Mark is very comfortable with heights, but I'm always worried about him!

Last week's rains have changed the hills completely. Within three days, new growth is springing up from the formerly hard-baked dusty fields. It's been warm, humid and hazy...very un-Californa-like! The hills and fields are glowing with fresh green patches.





Hard to believe it's October!

1 comment:

  1. LOOKS GOOD! IT'S BEEN UNSEASONABLE WARM HERE TOO! MY VOTE FOR THE OUTSIDE COLOR IS PURPLE!

    ReplyDelete