Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I've got the shingles

And here they are!




GAF/ELK Timberline Natural Shadow "Slate". Greyish greenish, emphasis on the greyish. Turns out no one makes the EXACT color I was picturing, especially in our price range. So this was the closest, and Mark and I really like it. It's already going up, but I'll have to show you next time...no pictures yet.

Here's how the shingles arrived...they actually set up a conveyor belt. Usually shingles are delivered right to the roof, but with such a steep pitch, and knowing that it was going to take up to two weeks to get the roof finished, Mark chose the second floor. We'll bring the shingles out via the scaffolding bit by bit. That will be my job.





Stay tuned for our next episode: "Exciting things you can do when you come visit us".

1 comment:

  1. I hope those aren't the kind that infect your body or you are in big trouble! Get to work, Mark!

    ReplyDelete