Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Patriot Games

We had a little pool party to celebrate the 4th of July. My sister Gail wore her favorite patriotic T-shirt!




Then, as many families do, we created our own little parade, marching and singing along as Kate Smith belted out "God Bless America". My Dad was the DJ.


I have to note that my nephew Zachary was a good sport and fully participated, although I believe he privately thinks we're a little strange.



And the kids gathered 'round the diving board. What a country!



We did go to see fireworks, actually on the evening of the 3rd. We have to drive 45 minutes to get to Clovis, the nearest city, so instead we drove 45 minutes up to beautiful Shaver Lake. They launch the fireworks over the lake, so the reflections and the sound add to the experience. Hundreds of boats are out on the lake, lights twinkling...it really is a great setting. Maybe next year we'll be out there too!

3 comments:

  1. WHAT A GREAT TIME WITH FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fourth of July parade brought back memories...I have a picture of us somewhere doing the fourth of july parade around the cul de sac on Danville...you, Gail, Karen, Jennifer and I. I think you were holding the flag back then too!

    Katharine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe how much progress you are making on the place, that is great. Looks like your 4th was a good time

    ReplyDelete