Thursday, April 16, 2009

Small town events

One of the best things about these past few months is that I get to spend so much time with the girls. But I would have to say it's a challenge as well. Not being the most creative person, I sometimes struggle with "what to do next". One of the highlights of our current social life is to go to weekly story time at the local library. It's a 25 minute drive on these curvy roads, but it gives the girls a chance to interact and play with other kids. I think it says something for the size of the community that our kids showed up in the local paper two times this week, and my neice was on the front page for her science project!

Here we are on one of my more creative days, when I remembered that we have watercolor paints. Now, it quickly became apparent that my kids are not hampered with my lack of creativity. Of course, their work was spectacular (to me), but the funny thing was what happened next...



My daughter Mae is not constrained to the paper...she proudly expands her canvas to her arm.



What does this mean? Will she be a great artist? Will she have full body tatoos? I don't know, but I can tell you, she sure has a mind of her own!

1 comment:

  1. The internet is a great source for creative preschool activities...especially homeschooling sites. Glad you posted. We love seeing the girls.

    ReplyDelete