Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hitting the Road

Today we bid farewell to our three-time home, the USAF Academy in Colorado. I had my "final out" from the Air Force yesterday, and we are anxious to pack out of our temporary housing and get on our way. This is my first post on what I hope will be a journal of our starting a new life, building a home, and setting down some roots as we raise our girls.

Our first goal is to spend about 6 weeks on the road in the RV, meandering toward our final destination of Tollhouse CA, decompressing and visiting friends and family. The RV is almost fully packed, just a few more loads from our stay here in the temp quarters. Our first destination is Albuquerque NM. Lots to do, but I need to finish my coffee first!

3 comments:

  1. I'm the first visitor. Have a safe trip and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm one of Tracey's followers. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogger...I'm also a blogging buddy of Tracey's and wish you well on your journey!

    Melba

    ReplyDelete